You may wonder whether it’s time to get dental implants to replace your missing teeth. Dental implants are excellent solutions for tooth loss but you may be worried about the time and multiple sessions required to completely implement them.
Luckily, teeth-in-a-day services exist. This professional service grants you the long-lasting benefits of dental implants in just one day. Learn more about this method to see whether you’re a good candidate.
What Is Teeth-in-a-Day?
Teeth-in-a-day is an innovative dental implant surgery procedure. Whether you have lost teeth naturally due to aging or if you encountered an accident, dental implants can replace the missing teeth for you to enjoy a complete smile.
The teeth-in-a-day procedure is a revolutionary concept that provides patients with fully functioning teeth on dental implants in a single procedure that takes about an hour. This technology was developed by Nobel Biocare and utilizes collaboration between both a restorative doctor and an oral surgeon. This merging of knowledge and experience achieves not only increased safety, but also a more precise implant placement.
With the teeth-in-a-day procedure, you are able to minimize surgical time and decrease the longer healing process associated with traditional dental implant procedures.
See if you are a candidate, schedule your session, and enjoy your instant dental implants!
Who Is a Good Teeth-in-a-Day Candidate?
Consider the following criteria to determine whether same-day dental implants are right for you:
- You Have Incomplete Teeth: If you have one or more missing teeth and you want to fill in the gaps, you might want to get teeth-in-a-day.
- You Have Damaged Teeth: Your dentist may suggest removing damaged teeth if they are beyond repair, so dental implants are great ways to replace them.
- You Want To Improve Your Dental Health Quickly: Teeth-in-a-day is a perfect solution for people who want to see immediate improvements in their dental health. In addition, these procedures are both functional and cosmetic, and last long with proper care.
- You Want a Denture Alternative: Some dentures can be uncomfortable and inconvenient. If you’re looking for an alternative, teeth-in-a-day might be right for you.
- You Don’t Grind Your Teeth: If you know that you don’t grind your teeth (consciously or otherwise), then you may qualify for teeth-in-a-day.
Even if you meet these criteria, you may still need to consult with your oral surgeon to certify that you are a good candidate. Here are some special factors that only a professional can help you determine:
- You Have Proper Bone Density: Bone density varies between people. Where you want to get implants will require adequate bone density before the surgeon can equip you with teeth-in-a-day. Should the area’s bone density be insufficient for the implant, your surgeon may proceed with a bone graft procedure for support.
- You Have Healthy Oral Tissue: Teeth-in-a-day methods involve surgical procedures, which will require healthy oral tissues before proceeding. Suppose you have gum disease. Your dentist may need to prescribe treatments before they can continue with your dental implants.
- You Have No Underlying Medical Conditions: Sometimes, patients seeking teeth-in-a-day have other medical conditions that are seemingly unrelated to their oral health because they don’t affect the mouth. For instance, they could be living with a bone condition that would affect the healing process when implanting dental replacements.
Even if you don’t meet the ideal candidacy criteria, your oral surgeon can take the proper steps to help you qualify for teeth-in-a-day. Book an appointment with us to confirm whether you’re a good candidate for this cosmetic yet functional dental procedure.
What Is the Process?
Any dental implant process depends on the patient’s unique circumstances. However, the teeth-in-a-day procedure generally places the implant in the appropriate area and begins the restoration process within an hour. Prior to the implant surgery day, a CAT scan is taken of the patient’s jaw bone. This CAT scan allows for the creation of a three-dimensional model of the jaw bone that is used with virtual reality software to plan the implant placement without the presence of the patient. The fabrication of a final prosthesis is completed prior to surgery. The computer-guided implant surgery is done in an arthroscopic fashion. Patients can often resume their normal activities the next day. The results are a more accurate implant placement and less chair time for the patient. For comparison, traditional dental implants require about six months between the placement and restoration stages.
When you meet with the oral surgeons at Green Valley Oral Surgery, we will review all the information needed to determine if teeth-in-a-day is right for you. Should you require specific treatments to improve your candidacy, we will present your options. Once you are an ideal candidate, you can get teeth-in-a-day and get closer to enjoying optimal oral condition.
What Does It Cost?
Since processes vary, the costs associated with the unique procedure will likewise depend on your situation. For instance, you may need to replace multiple teeth due to an accident. Having more teeth to implant will be more expensive than getting only one tooth implanted. After your initial consult with the surgeons at Green Valley Oral Surgery we will be able to provide a quote with a better estimate of your dental expenses.
What Are the Drawbacks and Positives?
Before proceeding with a teeth-in-a-day procedure, consider the following pros and cons:
- Procedures take only a day.
- Immediate load implants look and feel natural.
- Healing is fast.
- Success rates are high.
- You will enjoy improved dental health.
- Procedures may be expensive.
- You will require active maintenance and care to ensure the teeth’s longevity.
Confirm Your Teeth-in-a-Day Candidacy With Green Valley Oral Surgery
Teeth-in-a-day candidacy is easy to confirm once you speak with an experienced oral surgeon who can assess your underlying medical conditions and determine if this procedure is ideal for replacing your missing teeth.
When choosing the right oral surgeon in the Bay Area to administer your dental implants, consider Green Valley Oral Surgery for your teeth-in-a-day procedure. Contact us today for more information.